[CentOS] Civ 6 on CentOS?

Tue Jun 25 14:52:30 UTC 2019
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 6/25/19 4:52 AM, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg wrote:

> On 06/23/2019 04:05 PM, Andrew Holway wrote:
>> Ubuntu yes, centos no.
>>
>> https://store.steampowered.com/app/289070/Sid_Meiers_Civilization_VI/
>>
>> On Sun, 23 Jun 2019, 05:41 mark, <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>>
>>> Being as how we're looking at putting my SO on Linux (she's *so* fed up
>>> with
>>> Windoze), big question for her: Civ 6 on CentOS? Will it run on C 7?
>>> Wait
>>> for
>>> C 8 (which I was sort of thinking of doing, anyway)?
>

> if it runs on ubuntu it should run fine on centos. I play dota and other
> steam games on C7, no problem.
> I've even played dota via steam on C6, although it did take a bit of
> work. But C7 is fine out of the box, if you have nux-dextop repo
> configured you can simply:
> yum install steam

I second the Nux-dextop repo .. If you have an nvidia graphics card, you
will need to run the nvidia proprietary drivers.

You need the nvidia drivers that that have 32bit drivers as well.

The last version that works and seems to have 32bit support is the
390x.xx series:

https://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html

That is what I use on CentOS-7 with an NVIDIA card and I play Civ6 on
CentOS-7 via Steam (Steam initially installed via the nux-dextop repo ..
then updated as necessary from Steam).

If you install a new xorg-x11-server update, you will need to recompile
the NVIDIA drivers as it replaces some CentOS files for GL.