[CentOS] What files to edit when changing the sdX of hard drives?

Jonathan Billings

billings at negate.org
Fri Mar 1 01:51:11 UTC 2019

On Feb 28, 2019, at 13:29, mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
> No, I dislike UUIDs. I dislike, strongly, lots of extra typing that
> doesn't really get me anything. MAYBE, if you're in a Google or Amazon
> datacenter, with 500,000 physical servers (I phone interviewed with them
> 10 years ago)... but short of that? Nope.

I’ve never in my career ever had to type out a UUID.

You don’t need to be that big to benefit from automation.  Even small shops would benefit from reproducible builds. Not every system needs to have loveingly crafted artisanal partition labels.

All of this is moot, though, because I use lvm and so I just use /dev/volumegroup/logicalname, and that’s all assembled automatically in the kickstart. I only ever think about uuids when dealing with UEFI issues.

—