[CentOS] Performing post-installation setup tasks - for 75 minutes

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Fri Mar 1 10:00:39 UTC 2019

On Friday 01 March 2019 05:26:09 Simon Matter via CentOS wrote:
> Maybe you could try a network install and only use the USB DVD to boot. I
> remember similar issues while installing servers using remote iso to
> install via USB drive emulation with the servers management hardware.

Hi Simon,

I did consider that, but after it was too late. Having said that, when it was
completing it's post installation setup tasks, the DVD was not being used so
I doubt it will have made any difference.

I have no idea how long it took, but after 2+ hours of it saying performing
post-install I got chucked out by security and went home.

Thankfully, when I got in this morning it had completed successfully, and
appears to be working fine and at normal speed after rebooting to complete
the install