[CentOS] HPlip Mark Roth/Jon LaBadie .

Jon LaBadie

jcu at labadie.us
Fri Mar 1 19:27:16 UTC 2019

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 02:35:30PM +0100, Ger van Dijck wrote:

> The problems with HPlip goes on and on : I can not manage to establish a
> connection on WiFi with the HP4620 : I can print to the printer but not scan
> . Running hp-check results in cups is not running, hplip is not properly
> (HP) installed , xsane is not installed etc.. But I can assure you all this
> software is properly installed : Hp-check cannot detect the scanfunction on
> the HP4620. When running on USB cable all runs fine !

Ger,

I'm confused.  You say

> ... When running on USB cable all runs fine !

Suggesting the cups/hplip software is ok.

> ... I can not manage to establish a
> connection on WiFi with the HP4620

Suggesting you have a communication problem, not
a scanning/printing software problem.

But immediately after that you continue with

>  : I can print to the printer but not scan

If you can print without the USB cable, you must
be making a WiFi connection.

What am I missing?

jl
Jon H. LaBadie                 jon at jgcomp.com
 11226 South Shore Rd.          (703) 787-0688 (H)
 Reston, VA  20190              (703) 935-6720 (C)