[CentOS] nvidia on 7.6

Pete Geenhuizen pete at geenhuizen.net
Wed Mar 6 19:30:07 UTC 2019

On 03/06/2019 09:59 AM, Fred Smith wrote:

>> I tried to install this and ran into a conflict
>>
>> --> Processing Conflict:
>> nvidia-x11-drv-340xx-340.107-2.el7_6.elrepo.x86_64 conflicts ocl-icd
>> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
>> Error: nvidia-x11-drv-340xx conflicts with ocl-icd-2.2.12-1.el7.x86_64
>>
>> I removed ocl-icd and installed the package, but needless to say I
>> can't get ocl-icd to install which means that I cant install video
>> players, vlc smplayer mplayer, or  ffmpeg-libs.
> I asked the same question recently and Phil informed me that the
> ocl-icd now comes in one of the nvidia  packages, so you no longer
> need the one from epel.
That is all good and well, but my problem is that I now can't install

vlc smplayer mplayer, or  ffmpeg-libs because they need ocl-icd-2.2.12-1.el7.x86_64from epel.
I tried to roll back to the previous version via yum history undo but previous versions are no longer avaialble.

--
Unencumbered by the thought process.
  -- Click and Clack the Tappet brothers

believed to be clean.