[CentOS] CentOS 7.6 kickstart error

isdtor isdtor at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 10:52:09 UTC 2019

Steve Clark writes:
> On 03/06/2019 07:12 AM, isdtor wrote:
> > I am testing a CentOS 7.6 kickstart installation. After kickstart was initiated,
> > the installation stops at some point where a sort of table is printed under
> > "Installation", and the item that fails is 4 - Software selection, Error
> > checking software selection.
> >
> > I have checked /tmp/packaging.log and /tmp/anaconda.log, but cannot find any
> > errors here that would prevent installation.
> >
> > Poor error messages, no usable lead for debug.
> >
> Hi,
>
> I have run into this - in my experience it means there is some dependency missing.
> And you are correct trying to find the error is a PITA.

I figured out a different way, less involved than the one proposed by Gregory.

The package selection in the kickstart file essentially consists of a custom group to keep it short. So I took a 7.5 machine and then ran a group update off the 7.6 custom repo. The packages that make the update fail are new in 7.6, and the 7.6 kickstart started working once I removed them from the repo. They were the grub2-ppc* packages.