[CentOS] C7 on Dell Precision 7530

Tony Molloy tony.molloy at ul.ie
Mon Mar 11 13:56:12 UTC 2019

On Fri, 2019-03-08 at 18:25 +0100, wwp wrote:
> Hello,
>
> does anybody have experience with installing and running CentOS 7 on
> Dell Precision 7530 series (w/ Intel gfx chipset if that matters)?
> It can be bought w/ Ubuntu 16.04 LTS pre-installed (which doesn't
> attract me at all), but prior to use such hw model at work, I'd like
> understand where I'm going to. Especially after my bad experiences
> installing C7 on "modern" (read since skylake variants) hardware
> whereas Ubuntu variants went better, gosh. Or maybe I should wait for
> C8.
>
> Of course I did dig the Internet for intel, found very few stuff and
> this: https://access.redhat.com/ecosystem/hardware/3431551
>
> Regards,

I see you got no replies to your question so here goes.

I've got CentOS 7 running on a Dell Precision 7510 workstation. It has NVidia graphics
but I've never had problems with Intel graphics on any CentOS box before. The install was
straight forward and it runs like a dream.

YMMV ;-)
--
Tony Molloy <tony.molloy at ul.ie>