[CentOS] CPAN not working, or is it?

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Mon Mar 11 16:53:16 UTC 2019

On Monday 11 March 2019 16:42:21 Pete Biggs wrote:
> I'm afraid I'm not expert on these things - I tend to do the naughty
> thing of using CPAN to install in system locations!

Hi Peter,

Do you have any instructiions on how to do this? I realise it's far from
ideal, but I need to get this system working, and can do it on a stand alone
server.

> But I think the .spec file generated, or the variables used for the
>

> it is trying to package ..../usr/share/
>
> I think you need the help of someone who knows about .spec files!

I did wonder if maybe my rpmbuild spec is wrong as every RPM I'm trying to
create is looking in the wrong location for the man pages, and the perl
module files.  I commented out the line for the man pages, but can't comment
out the perl modules :)