[CentOS] CPAN not working, or is it?

Pete Biggs pete at biggs.org.uk
Mon Mar 11 23:24:20 UTC 2019

> > I started off as always by using RPM's for everything I possibly can.
>
> I try to do that, too.  The claim in another reply that RPM CPAN
> modules and cpan- or cpanm-installed modules cannot work together is
> incorrect.

Since I'm the only other person to reply, I presume you mean something
I said, but I don't think I ever said they "cannot work together" - in
fact I said that personally, I use both RPM and CPAN and install into
system locations.

All I was trying to do was to explain to Gary *why* his CPAN installs
weren't working as expected, and that it is because of the possibility
of CPAN over-writing RPM installed modules (and the confusion that may
result), and that this was deemed to be a bad thing so the default
install location was changed.

P.