[CentOS] PHP 7.x on CentOS 7 : which solution ?

Michael Schumacher michael.schumacher at pamas.de
Fri Mar 15 08:29:09 UTC 2019

Hi,

Friday, March 15, 2019, 8:51:15 AM, you wrote:

NK> As you all know, CentOS 7 is shipping PHP 5.4, which is OK in some
NK> situations. Unfortunately, some applications like OwnCloud require a
NK> more recent version of PHP.

I had the same problem a few weeks ago and decided to stick with the
webtatic repository. As our typo3 instance required 7.0, I updated
from php.5.6 to php.7.0 by simply "yum remove php56w ..." and "yum
install php70w ...". Everything went smooth and without problem.
Before I updated, I checked if all used 5.6 packages were available in
the 7.0 version.

I took that path because I could easily identify that all required
packages were available in both versions. This might be more
complicated if I would have moved from webtatic-5.6 to remy-7.0.

You may also consider to crossgrade from owncloud to nextcloud :-)

 best regards
---
Michael Schumacher