[CentOS] CentOS 7 - AltArch i386 - DVD iso?

Brendan Brewster

brendan.brewster at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 17:03:19 UTC 2019

On Sat, Feb 2, 2019 at 6:47 PM Brendan Brewster
<brendan.brewster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just curious. In the two most recent releases of CentOS 7 AltArch i386 there has not been made available a DVD iso (or the live ones) alongside NetInstall/Minimal/Everything. Any plans to make available the DVD variation for the current or future releases?
>
> For older 32-bit hardware, it can be nice to be able to burn a single layer DVD.
>
> Thanks for your time,
> -Brendan

The main x86_64 release still maintains the DVD spin release and it is
the recommended image for most users; from 7.6.1810
isos/x86_64/0_README.txt-

"CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-1810.iso

  This DVD image contains all the packages that can be installed using
the installer. This is the recommended image for most users."

One would think that since the initiative of this project is in
support of older hardware that it would continue to be made available
for those that need to burn a DVD and can't use a thumb drive and to
remain inline with the main project in this regard :)
It was made available up through 7.4.1708 for AltArch i386.

If someone could point me in the right direction, maybe I could be of
help to make this available. Or, if there is a reason this can't be
made available, this might be useful insight for myself and possible
other users.

-Brendan