[CentOS] konqueror vs. centos and mathematics

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Mon Mar 18 02:47:38 UTC 2019

On Sun, 17 Mar 2019, Gordon Messmer wrote:

> On 3/17/19 4:47 PM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>> Wikipedia seems to use tex, so I installed texlive and texlive-* .
>

> Formulas can be composed with tex, but they're displayed as images.  You
> shouldn't need any special browser support to display formulas.  Can you
> post a screenshot somewhere?

http://web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu/~hennebry/Screenshot2019-03-17+21-29-06.png

As one might suspect, it's on the NDSU CS department's server.

The web site seems to be emitting tex.
Presumably something has to translate between tex and image.
That said, firefox worked (barely) before I installed texlive.

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards