[CentOS] nvidia on 7.6

Phil Perry pperry at elrepo.org
Wed Mar 20 20:25:30 UTC 2019

On 20/03/2019 18:08, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 2/27/19 12:55 PM, Jerry Geis wrote:
>> I have elrepo installed. rpm -qa | grep elrepo gives
>> elrepo-release-7.0.3.el7.elrepo.noarch
>>
>> nvidia detect (which installed) tells me kmod-nvidia-340xx
>>
>> when I do yum install kmod-nvidia-340xx it is saying no package
>> kmod-nvidia-340xx available ?
>>
>> What did I miss?
>
> OK .. So if you need to have the 32-bit driver as well as the 64-bit one
> (for things like steam gaming .. who doesn't like games :D) ... I found
> this link on the nvidia site:
>
> http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/latest.txt
>
> Basically .. that will tell you the last 64 bit driver you can build
> which will install 32-bit drivers as well.
>
> Then you can grab those and install them manually.
>
> Phil Perry (of elrepo) might be able to tell us if any of the elrepo
> drivers also have 32bit .. I am not sure.

The 390.xx series driver was the last nvidia driver release that
supported a 32-bit OS install. Hence there are no new driver releases
for el6 i386 architecture.

Driver releases after 390.xx only support installation on 64-bit
operating systems, but 32-bit library support is still available on
systems where the user wants to run graphics 32-bit applications.

Phil