[CentOS] Getting slapd under CentOS 6 to log connections, etc.

Sat Mar 30 23:55:17 UTC 2019
Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>

I am running the stock OpenLDAP-servers on a CentOS 6 system.  Everything is
working just fine, but I am trying to debug connections from a Ubuntu (18.04)
system and want to turn on logging in slapd, but although I can get slapd to
create a log file, it never actually writes anything.

I have these two lines in  /etc/openldap/slapd.d/cn=config.ldif:

olcLogFile: /var/log/slapd/log
olcLogLevel: conns BER config ACL stats none

And although /var/log/slapd/log gets created, nothing is ever written to it.

What am I missing?

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933