[CentOS] Mail Server Guides

Sun Mar 3 21:33:27 UTC 2019
Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com>

--On Sunday, March 03, 2019 1:30 PM +0100 Adrian van Bloois
<adrian at pa0rda.nl> wrote:

>> I need to set up a new mail server to replace an aging CentOS 6.3 mail
>> server. I was wondering what were some of the best guides on the web for
>> Postfix (Maildir), Spamassassin, ClamAV, Dovecot?
>
> In the list I miss a program to control clamav and spamassassin.
> Many people use amavis, but my experience is not very favoufable with
> this script.
> I personally prefer MailScaaner

I like MIMEDefang for this. Install it with yum and then edit your MTA
config to hook it up. It runs as a "milter" (mail filter) plugin in your
MTA (Sendmail or Postfix) and a service that performs the scanning. A Perl
script invokes SpamAssassin and/or ClamAV (and other similar programs) on
each message part. A stock script is provided which you customize to
implement your site policy. A commercial version with paid support is also
available, with lots of nice management bells and whistles. Join the
mailing list to get help operating it.

<https://mimedefang.org/>