[CentOS] Mail Server Guides

Mon Mar 4 14:16:25 UTC 2019
Alice Wonder <alice at domblogger.net>

> On 3/1/19 12:53 PM, Ben Archuleta wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>

>> I need to set up a new mail server to replace an aging CentOS 6.3 mail
>> server. I was wondering what were some of the best guides on the web
>> for Postfix (Maildir), Spamassassin, ClamAV, Dovecot?
>
> I am close to upgrading my mailserver.  My current instructions are at:
>
> http://www.htt-consult.com/Centos7-mailserver.html
>
> I need to finish:
>
> SHA256 or SHA512 instead of MD5 for the password (Just need to finish up
> the roundcube password change script)
> dovecotadm backup for the mail
> and something to backup the mysql
>
> Otherwise my testing has been good.
>
> Of course adding stuff like DKIM, DANE, etc.  would be nice.

Note with DKIM - OpenDKIM defaults to 1024-bit RSA but that is no longer
recommended and some services no longer consider it valid. 2048-bit RSA
is the current recommended.

The problem is that since DKIM keys do not expire, sysadmins got lazy
and never bothered to periodically generate new ones, making 1024-bit
RSA unsuitable.

Ed25519 is also now available but support for it is not wide-spread yet.