[CentOS] howto monitor disks on a serveraid-8k?

Thu Mar 14 15:07:51 UTC 2019
Scott Silverman <ssilverman at simplexinvestments.com>

Google says that is an Adaptec card using the aacraid driver and the
arcconf utility, see here: https://hwraid.le-vert.net/wiki/Adaptec

Scott

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 9:24 AM hwilmer <hw at gc-24.de> wrote:

> On 3/14/19 2:31 PM, isdtor wrote:
> >
> >> I'd like to monitor the disks connected to a ServeRaid-8k controller in
> >> server running Centos 7 such that I can know when one fails.
> >>
> >> What's the best way to do that?
> >
> > It's been a long time since I worked with ServeRaid, and things may have
> changed in the meantime.
> >
> > IBM used to have a an iso with ServeRaid related tools
> (ibm_sw_srapp_.....) that included Linux versions of RaidMan. There were
> also command line tools like arcconf and hrconf that I used to write my own
> nagios plugins.
> >
> > Can't say how up to date this is.
> > https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=ibm1SERV-RAID
>
> Thanks, that's a good link!
>
> It seems there used to be a program called ipssend, but apparently there
> are only questionable 32bit versions.
>
> The only thing I really need is to know when a disk fails ...
>
> Does someone remember if the BMC of an IBM x3650 can tell you that?
> Even if I had to look it up from time to time, that would be better than
> nothing.

DISCLAIMER: NOTICE REGARDING PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY

The information
contained in and/or accompanying this communication is intended only for
use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged
and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of
this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this information, and any attachments thereto, is strictly
notify the sender and permanently delete the original and any copy of any
e-mail and any printout thereof. Electronic transmissions cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The sender therefore does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which
arise as a result of e-mail transmission. Simplex Trading, LLC and its
affiliates reserves the right to intercept, monitor, and retain electronic
communications to and from its system as permitted by law. Simplex Trading,
LLC is a registered Broker Dealer with CBOE and a Member of SIPC.