[CentOS] konqueror vs. centos and mathematics

Mon Mar 18 05:01:38 UTC 2019
Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>

On Sun, 17 Mar 2019, Gordon Messmer wrote:

> On 3/17/19 7:47 PM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>>
>> http://web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu/~hennebry/Screenshot2019-03-17+21-29-06.png
>> The web site seems to be emitting tex.
>> Presumably something has to translate between tex and image.
>> That said, firefox worked (barely) before I installed texlive.
>

> It looks like you're using Konqueror, not Firefox.

Correct.
That is what I wrote:
On Sun, 17 Mar 2019, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> Firefox spends so much time in th D state that I am trying konqueror.

That firefox worked at all on wikipedia mathematics was a
reason I did not really expect texlive to help konqueror.
Texlive was the only thing I could think of that made any sense.

On Sun, 17 Mar 2019, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> The Tex you're seeing is alt-text for (what should be) the SVG images.
> I'm not sure how installing texlive would affect the browser.

Me neither, but I was low on things to try that made any sense.
How do I get the SVG images?

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards