[CentOS] http error when updating 7.5 ==> 7.6

Sat Mar 23 14:19:34 UTC 2019
Bez Thomas <jet242 at cornell.edu>

> On Mar 22, 2019, at 9:52 PM, Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us> wrote:
>
> Was just doing a (very) belated update on a 7.5 system and ran into
> this set of errors:
>

> Some delta RPMs failed to download or rebuild. Retrying..
>

> so, anybody know why we're getting the 416 error from yum but not from
> firefox?

Hi Fred,

Ran into this yesterday. It seems to be a delta rpm problem.
Firefox is working because it’s downloading the whole rpm, avoiding the issue.

setting
deltarpm=0
in /etc/yum.conf is an equivalent workaround, and fixed the issue for me.

I’d appreciate someone who knows more about how delta rpms work weighing in on what the actual issue is.

Bez Thomas
Tech Services, Astronomy/CCAPS
Cornell University