[CentOS] How to specify kernel version when restart kdump

Tue Mar 26 16:15:21 UTC 2019
Benjamin Hauger <hauger at noao.edu>

kdump operates by booting a fresh kernel to capture the context of a
crashed kernel, and so the only way for kdump to dump a kernel is to
crash it and cause kdump to invoke its post-crash kernel.

You can manually force a running kernel to panic (and invoke a
correctly-configured kdump) with the following command sequence:

>     echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq
>     echo c > /proc/sysrq-trigger

Cheers,
Ben