[CentOS] Issues trying to change the selinux context

Wed May 8 19:28:43 UTC 2019
Warren Young <warren at etr-usa.com>

On May 8, 2019, at 11:44 AM, mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> Warren Young wrote:
>> On May 8, 2019, at 11:04 AM, mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>>

>>> semanage fcontext -m -t lib_t "/path/smwa/webagent/bin/*.so”
>>
>> Glob expansion doesn’t happen in double quotes.  Not in Bash, anyway.
>
> Huh? I thought it didn't occur in single quotes, but did occur in quotes.

Nope.  The only difference I’m aware of is that single quotes prevent variable expansion (echo "hello $USER") while double quotes do not.

> semanage insists on having the filespec in quotes.

No, it just takes a single file spec, which may name a single file or it may be a regex.  This, the parens issue, and the symptom you notice with looking at the permission on individual contained files are explained in point 2 of the section "Changing a Directory's Type” here:

    	https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/11/html/Security-Enhanced_Linux/sect-Security-Enhanced_Linux-SELinux_Contexts_Labeling_Files-Persistent_Changes_semanage_fcontext.html