[CentOS] RHEL 8 released

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Tue May 7 15:31:30 UTC 2019

On 2019-05-07 10:23 a.m., Alessandro Baggi wrote:
> Il 07/05/19 16:07, Rich Bowen ha scritto:
>> This morning Red Hat announced the general availability of Red Hat
>> Enterprise Linux 8.
>>
>> More details at
>> https://www.redhat.com/en/about/press-releases/red-hat-enterprise-linux-8-every-enterprise-every-cloud-every-workload?sc_cid=701f2000001OIIOAA4
>>

> Hi Rich,
> thank you for the great news.
>
> When c8 will be released?
> When epel repository will be usable with C8?

... And so it begins.

If past releases are anything to go by, I would expect it will take a
few months. Figuring out how to rebuild all the RPMs to get binary
compatibility is a slow process. Be patient with the CentOS devs, please. :)

--
Digimer
"I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of