[CentOS] Firefox esr repackage

mark m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed May 8 16:58:08 UTC 2019

firefox_repackage via CentOS wrote:
> Hi everyone, I use firefox on centos 7 at work but due to the fairly well
> know extension signing problem, I cannot use ublock origin.
>
> From what I can tell, the latest version of firefox in the updates
> repository is 60.6.1-1.el7. It looks like Mozilla have just released
> firefox esr 60.6.2 which should fix the signing issue. (see
> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/60.6.2/releasenotes/)
<snip>
The answer that I found Sunday (after being on a trip, and unable to play
music Sat eve on my netbook) was this:

1. Go to about:config
2. Type signature in the search bar.
3. You'll see this key: xpinstall.signatures.required, click on it, to
change the boolean from true to false.

Stuff may work again. If not, go to tools add-ons, and reenable (which you
could not do before the boolean change).

       mark