[CentOS] kickstart compat C7 -> C8

Leon Fauster leonfauster at googlemail.com
Wed May 8 22:30:16 UTC 2019

> Am 08.05.2019 um 21:12 schrieb Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>:
>
> Once upon a time, Leon Fauster via CentOS <centos at centos.org> said:
>> And this only for Fedora29, a C7 installation works fine (dynamically
>> expands to the boundaries of the disk).
>
> You are asking about Fedora - you'd probably get better results on the
> Fedora mailing lists, forums, etc.

Well, F29 is very close to EL8 but you are right. Anyway, for the sake of precision.
I made the same installation with RHEL8 (anaconda 29.19 vs 29.24 on F29). The results
are same!

Following "logvol" stanza "--percent=100 --grow" works for EL7 but not for EL8.

While doing this again I found a solution; "--size=SIZE --grow" as options with an
arbitrary SIZE will grow the LV to the size of the free VG size.

--
LF