[CentOS] RHEL 8 released

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Thu May 9 16:26:29 UTC 2019

On 5/9/19 11:03 AM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Thu, 9 May 2019 at 11:56, Warren Young <warren at etr-usa.com> wrote:
>
>> On May 9, 2019, at 9:38 AM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> As an initial goal, we would love to have a release in a month ..
>>
>> That’s about the average time for 7.x releases, which I assume are far
>> less work to get out than a point-zero.
>>
>> Is this goal realistic?
>>

> It is a soft goal. If everything works out, this would be the earliest it
> could happen. This is meant for the people wondering why on May 12th it
> isn't there or May 20th or June 1st. As various parts of reality come up
> the dates will be updated in the schedule.

Right.  A very soft .. pulled out the air .. things go perfectly ..
goal. At the very earliest type of thing.

>> I’d consider any ship date before about September to be “success.”

We will have to see how it goes.

One thing that is very different about this is 'Modularity'.  There are
Modules repos as well as Source repos:

https://git.centos.org/projects/modules/*

https://git.centos.org/projects/rpms/*

But we are on it :D