[CentOS] Re-install workstation - best repo's

Ricardo J. Barberis ricardo at palmtx.com.ar
Thu May 9 23:26:26 UTC 2019

El Miércoles 08/05/2019 a las 05:42, Gary Stainburn escribió:
> I'm going to rebuild my workstation because maintaining it is now a
> nightmare after using "recommended" repo's that now conflict with each
> other.  Every time I do a yum update I it fails with conflicts.
>
> I'm looking for new recommendations for which repo's to use to have a
> stable Centos 7 workstation.  Much like Centos itself, most of the web
> pages are very old now.
>
> I'm looking for a KDE workstation with mp3 support and video editing.  I
> use simple command line tools such as ffmpeg.

I don't know if you're aware of this, but:

https://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories

I don't use CentOS as a workstation, but I do use a mix EPEL, IUS, Remi and
ELRepo on several CentOS 5/6/7 servers without much issues.

Some packages to consider:

yum-plugin-priorities
yum-plugin-protectbase
yum-plugin-versionlock