[CentOS] OT: android phone backup NOT to google cloud question

Walter H. Walter.H at mathemainzel.info
Wed May 15 14:37:23 UTC 2019

On 15.05.2019 16:21, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> My apologies for OT question.
>
> I wonder if someone of Android smartphone owners backs up their device
> and user/application data NOT to google cloud.
no problem, host your own nextcloud and get the nextcloud app;
also no need of having the contacts and/or calendar at google ...

and the most important:  you can select by this criteria; other things
like camera, ... are less important, its a phone ...

> I know, Apple iDevices are a bit better data wise, and Apple has
> [quite] a bit better reputation, though these are still Apple devices,
> not yours ;-)
if better means overpriced then you are right;
good androids are for less then 200 usd, iPhones start at 500 usd