[CentOS] Question about ntp

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Mon May 27 16:25:51 UTC 2019

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 04:29:28PM +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

> > what is the standard way to sync time under Centos 7.
> > ntp or chrony.
> >
> chrony syncs to an NTP server, in the same way that ntp syncs to an NTP
> server. The both work.
>
> I have both ntpd (under CentOS 6) and chronyd (under CentOS 7) NTP
> servers on my network, they all work fine together.
>
> P.

I used chrony at home, a couple of decades ago (give or take) way back
when I was on dialup, because if its ability to serve time to machines
that are not always connected.

Since it is now the default NTP provider for EL7 I use it again, and
it still works fine for my needs.

Fred
                        The Lord is like a strong tower.