[CentOS] is "list_del corruption" fix available in Centos ?

Fri May 17 09:16:52 UTC 2019
John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk>

On Fri, 17 May 2019, Pete Biggs wrote:

> CentOS is a clone of RHEL - if it is fixed in RHEL 7 it will be fixed
> in CentOS 7. CentOS doesn't "fix" things as such as that would break
> compatibility with RHEL.
>
> There may be some 3rd party repo that provides a newer kernel that
> fixes the issue.

I'd go further.

It's also a kernel bug in btrfs, which given btrfs has only ever been a Technology Preview in RHEL, and was moved to being a deprecated feature in 7.4, I'd suggest that you shouldn't be looking for upstream support on btrfs.

If you're tinkering with btrfs, don't be surprised at having to use a kernel from elsewhere, as suggested by Pete.

RHEL advice would clearly be not to use btrfs.

jh