[CentOS] Bypassing 'A stop job is running' when rebooting CentOS 7

Wed May 22 15:20:19 UTC 2019
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>

Once upon a time, James Szinger <jszinger at gmail.com> said:
> On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 7:44 AM mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
> > The joys of systemd....
>
> I'm not sure it's right to blame systemd.  Systemd asked nicely for
> the service to shutdown.  The service didn't, probably because the
> update change something and pulled the rug out from beneath it.

Right - before systemd, any old init script could also block shutdown.

> This hasn't happened to me recently, but I think I've tried Ctl-C and
> Ctl-Alt-Del without much success.  That leaves the Big Red Switch
> (which is mostly small and black these days).

There's a "magic" thing systemd does now - hit C-A-D seven times in two
seconds and it'll stop what it is waiting for and just go ahead and
reboot.  Will kill anything not shut down, but at least it'll still try
to cleanly unmount filesystems and such I believe.
--
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>