[CentOS] Question about ntp

Tue May 28 01:44:35 UTC 2019
Jobst Schmalenbach <jobst at barrett.com.au>

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 06:32:19AM +0200, Ralf Prengel (ralf.prengel at rprengel.de) wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> what is the standard way to sync time under Centos 7.
> ntp or chrony.

YMMV.

I have used NTP for many, many years so I am familiar with it and also have ALL config files, I normally just delete chrony and install ntpd, then copy the config files and start ntp. All done, 2 minutes.

Chrony cannot supply time info, so if you have clients requesting time info the server cannot serve time, you need ntpd for that. I have many windows stations that pull time from my CentOS servers.

--
Jobst Schmalenbach

A computer without Microsoft is like chocolate cake without ketchup!