[CentOS] printer only prints one page, if anything

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Sun Nov 3 21:22:06 UTC 2019

On Sun, 3 Nov 2019, Michael Hennebry wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Nov 2019, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>
>> I've got a Brother HL-L2360D series printer connected to Centos 7.
>> CUPS lists it as Generic PCL6/PCL Printer - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.9 .
>> When I tell it to print a pdf file, it prints at most the first page.
>>
>> After powering the thing off and turning it on again,
>> it printed page 3 of pages 3-6 .
>> On trying it again, the thing claimed it was receiving data
>> and printed page 3 of pages 3-6 again.
>>
>> I've tried to delete the printer so I could add it again,
>> but CUPS won't let me.
>> CUPS quit asking for a password, it just says Forbidden.
>>
>> How do I print the pdf file?
>> How do I keep this from happening again?
>
> After
> systemctl restart cups
> trying to print pages 3-6 cause the Brother
> to receive data and go back to sleep.

Print test page produces the same result.

Centos 7 is on a physical system.
Nothing is virtual or contained.

List all jobs shows that all today's
jobs are either 17, 4 or 2 pages each.
Those numbers are correct in the sense
that they are what I tried to print.

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards