[CentOS] Limit user password by time

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Mon Nov 4 12:58:22 UTC 2019

On Nov 4, 2019, at 4:28 AM, Gestió Servidors <sysadmin.caos at uab.cat> wrote:
> Is it possible with "chage" to configure a password caducity for, at
> most, 2 hours? I think "chage" only allows caducity for, at least, one day.

You’re pushing the limits of my memories of latin class, but if I understand what you’re asking, you want to set the expiration of a password to a specific hour, not day.

The password age, minimum age and maximum age fields in /etc/shadow are stored as an integer in days, so no, I don’t believe you can set it to a specific hour.