[CentOS] About license at redistribution

Lange, Markus M.Lange at dnb.de
Thu Nov 14 09:39:38 UTC 2019

Hi,

at first I'm not part of the CentOS Project nor I'm a lawyer.

But may I can answer your questions.
According to the CentOS About page "CentOS Linux is no-cost and free to
redistribute." [1]. So as you are planning to redistribute it should be
fine to do. While redistributing you also need to consider the legal
section [2]. However as you are planning a business you should involve
a lawyer to make it clear to you in your special legal situation!

To your second question: Yes you definitely should do that, as you make
profit from the great work the maintainers do and can't make profit if
they discontinue doing this great work. But no one can force you to,
it's up to you to take what the community provides without giving
anything back.

Best Regards
Markus

[1] https://www.centos.org/about/