[CentOS] Mirroring two screens for all users?

James Pearson

james-p at moving-picture.com
Wed Nov 20 10:15:24 UTC 2019

We would like to have one workstation (CentOS7 with Gnome3) set up that
has mirrored/cloned screens for all users that may login

The workstation is using an Nvidia (proprietary) driver for the graphics
card. We have set up xorg to use cloned screens, but gdm/Gnome3 appears
to ignore these setting and only use what is set in ~/.config/monitors.xml

We've set up /var/lib/gdm/.config/monitors.xml with mirrored/cloned
settings for the login screen, but when a user logs in, the display
switches to spanning both screens

Is there any way we can force all user logins to use cloned displays on
this one workstation (but not affect any settings they may use on other
workstations - all users has NFS mounted home directories) ?

Thanks

James Pearson