[CentOS] printer frustrations

mark

m.roth at 5-cent.us
Mon Nov 25 15:38:40 UTC 2019

I've got an old HP LaserJet 1018. It's a winprinter. After I bought a new
router (to go inside the Verison one), I plugged it directly into my box (ok,
via a hub). I run CentOS 6. Before we went on the trip, I could print, I
upgraded my system, and this is the first time I'm trying to print... and no joy.

I've tried sending the firmware to it via lp -o raw ... -h :9100, and maybe?
it worked, but no printing. I've upgraded to the latest foo2jzs driver and
.ppd, and nothing. Any ideas? CUPS since to think it can talk to it....

Yes, the system can see the printer....

	mark