[CentOS] C8 Questions

Paul Heinlein

heinlein at madboa.com
Fri Nov 15 18:44:00 UTC 2019

On Fri, 15 Nov 2019, Steffan Cline wrote:

> I'm really curious how you were able to virtualize CentOS 8.
>
> What platform are you using? Xen, KVM or VMWare? PV or HVM?

I can't speak for anyone earlier in this thread, but I've had
VMWare-hosted VMs for both RHEL 8 (originally 8.0, now 8.1) and CentOS
8 running without difficulty.

I simply made the installation ISO visible to the VM at start time; no
special instructions were necessary to install and re-launch the VM.

I did disable the ksmtuned service, since it does nothing but chew CPU
on a VMWare hypervisor.

--
Paul Heinlein
heinlein at madboa.com