[CentOS] C8 and NetworkManager problem

Jonathan Billings

billings at negate.org
Wed Nov 20 12:27:40 UTC 2019

> On Nov 20, 2019, at 06:45, Alessandro Baggi <alessandro.baggi at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Il 20/11/19 12:29, Kenneth Porter ha scritto:
>> --On Wednesday, November 20, 2019 10:37 AM +0100 Alessandro Baggi <alessandro.baggi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> 2) Due to the problem 1, It cannot mount samba shares on boot saying "Not
>>> suitable address found". After the network is available I can mount samba
>>> shares.
>> Are the shares mounted as systemd mount or automount units that wait for networking?
>> <https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.automount.html>
>

> Really I don't know,  I can say that they have an entry in fstab and I have several mnt-share.mount unit as generated.

For the .mount units, you could make them run after the network-waits-online service, thus making sure that they only mount after a stable network is up. Adding _netdev to the fstab mount options also does that, I think.

The best solution I’ve found for this issue is to use .automount units for every network .mount unit. It will only mount the volume when it’s actually read or written to, which might be well after the boot, and uncounted it after inactivity. It prevents stale mounts if the file server reboots or dies too.