[CentOS] IBM x3500 M3 and CentOS 7.*

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Sun Nov 24 07:18:37 UTC 2019

On 23/11/2019 23:04, Mark (Netbook) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Please can anyone help with the problem below when trying to install CentOS 7.6 on an IBM x3500 M3 from DVD or USB.
>
> CentOS 7.5 installs perfectly with no errors.
>
> CentOS 7.6 tries to boot, an error is output briefly and the workstation powers down.
>
> CentOS 7.7 displays the error briefly then continues the install with no further errors.
>
> I also tried RHEL 7.6 which installs perfectly with no errors.
>
> Any ideas?

Wild guess : node is configured for UEFI and not legacy, *but* not with
secureboot enabled ?

See https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=15522 if that matches with what
you have.

Bug closed as it was fixed with a newer shim pkg, that is also the one
used in 7.7 and it doesn't make sense to still deploy 7.6 while you also
confirm that it works fine with 7.7 :)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab