[CentOS] Post-installation setup script for CentOS 7 servers

Sun Nov 17 13:15:44 UTC 2019

On Nov 17, 2019, at 05:11, Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr> wrote:

> I just sanded down the remaining edges of my CentOS 7 post-install
> configuration script and published it on a Github repository, along with
> some detailed instructions.
>
>  * https://github.com/kikinovak/centos-setup
>
> Feel free to use it (and/or adapt it to your needs).

I’m curious why you list these as “cruft” packages?

chrony
firewalld
iperf
NetworkManager-libnm

They are all removed as per of the “setup” command you provided. You remove the default NTP service, you disable the default firewall (although you do install iptables-service in base.txt) and you hobble NetworkManager.

Also, I’m sure it’s helpful for you, but setting all the default CentOS repos to ones in France as a baseurl means that anyone using it would get that too, so anyone thinking of forking the repo, don’t replace the CentOS repo files. The mirrorlist url should give you geographically close mirrors.

--
Jonathan Billings