[CentOS] C8 and NetworkManager problem

Wed Nov 20 21:17:18 UTC 2019
Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com>

--On Wednesday, November 20, 2019 12:45 PM +0100 Alessandro Baggi
<alessandro.baggi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Really I don't know,  I can say that they have an entry in fstab and I
> have several mnt-share.mount unit as generated.

fstab is no longer parsed directly by the mount command at boot time. Since
C7, when systemd was introduced, it's now parsed by systemd to create unit
files. It's a transition mechanism. I recommend converting all the mounts
not created by the installer to permanent real unit files so you can use
all the power of unit syntax. (How does systemd know the difference between
generated files and hand-crafted ones? Can one just remove the fstab entry
once the generated one is present? That would make migration easier.)

Read up on what systemd does with fstab:

<https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-fstab-generator.html>