[CentOS] IBM x3500 M3 and CentOS 7.*

Sat Nov 23 22:12:11 UTC 2019
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On Sat, 23 Nov 2019 at 17:05, Mark (Netbook) <mrw at mwcltd.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Please can anyone help with the problem below when trying to install CentOS 7.6 on an IBM x3500 M3 from DVD or USB.
>
> CentOS 7.5 installs perfectly with no errors.

I would try one more thing. Install CentOS-7.5 and then run yum update
and reboot. Then on the reboot edit the grub and remove the rhgb and
quiet lines from the boot into. This will give you a very lengthy
amount of info which could say what is the problem.

> CentOS 7.6 tries to boot, an error is output briefly and the workstation powers down.

A help on the error would be useful because it could be a lot of things.