[CentOS] Upgrade Centos 6 (32 Bits) to Centos 7 (32 Bits)

Wed Nov 27 14:59:55 UTC 2019
John Pierce <jhn.pierce at gmail.com>

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 6:31 AM Mauricio Tavares <raubvogel at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 9:18 AM Ger van Dijck <ger.vandijck at edpnet.be>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all ,
> >

> > I have a very old PC ( Acer2000) 32 Bits. On this machine I am running
> (Do
> > not laugh) SCO Unix in an antique version : So Centos6 probes with the
> > bootloader on this OS and other OS s.
> >

> > Is there a way to opgrade Centos 6 to Centos 7 in the 32 Bits
> architecture
> > ?
> >
>       As far as I know, you cannot upgrade as you would with ubuntu
> but have to do a full install. 32 bit images for centos 7 are found at
> http://isoredirect.centos.org/altarch/7/isos/i386/

I googled it, and it appears an Acer 2000 is a Pentium-M 1.6 Ghz with 512MB
to 2GB max ram.   I would stick with whatever is working on it, or put it
out of its misery.

My suggestion would be a significantly newer system that supports
virtualization, and run your SCO and whatever in VMs rather than trying to
multi-boot.

--
-john r pierce
  recycling used bits in santa cruz