[CentOS] upgrading from CentOS 7 to 8

Nicolas Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Tue Oct 1 20:38:06 UTC 2019

Le 01/10/2019 à 19:57, MAILIST a écrit :
> After 40 years of upgrading many different operating systems,
> Windows (from 3.1 to 10), CentOS 6 to 8, Ubuntu, Fedora, Red Hat,
> AT&T Unix, VAX VMS; I have never observed an upgrade from one major
> version to the next to work.  The last one I tried using their "upgrade
> process" was Ubuntu 18 to 19.  Didn't work.

OpenSUSE Leap upgrades from one major version to the next work fine,
provided you know what you're doing.

  * https://www.microlinux.fr/opensuse-leap-update-15-1/

In the past, I also performed major upgrades on Slackware servers, which
were always perfectly documented by the distributor and worked without
drama.

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat