[CentOS] CentOS 8 Broken Installation

John Pierce jhn.pierce at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 20:53:59 UTC 2019

On Wed, Oct 2, 2019 at 12:14 PM Günther J. Niederwimmer <gjn at gjn.priv.at>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it a Plan to correct the Broken mdadm and or driver for Intel Chipset
> C602,
> my Server SuperMicro Board X9SRi-F have a Problem with the new C8 or RH8 ?
>
> With C7 I can install Centos with no Problem?
>
> Have any a workaround or is it planed a Update for this Problem

This is not a very specific problem report.   'a Problem' doesn't tell us
anything.   What exactly doesn't work?   since you mentioned mdadm, I'm
guessing you're having issues with SATA storage ?

does the motherboard have the latest BIOS? are the SATA controller(s) in
AHCI mode and not fake-RAID mode or legacy IDE emulation mode ?

are you using the native PCH connected SATA ports, or the SCU (SAS) SATA
ports?

--
-john r pierce
  recycling used bits in santa cruz