[CentOS] Differences between CentOS 7.x and CentOS 8.x OS

Robert G (Doc) Savage dsavage at peaknet.net
Sat Oct 5 11:18:48 UTC 2019

On Sat, 2019-10-05 at 10:47 +0200, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> On 10/5/19 3:14 AM, David G. Miller wrote:

> > > <snip>

> > > I think someone did post recently that he took Mate from F28
> > > and with some judicious tweaking of the spec file got it built
> > > and working on C8. Sorry, I have no details.
> > >

> > Hopefully, the perpetrator will 'fess up and provide the details.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Dave
> >

> "It is I, Leclerc"
>
> Here is what I did to have working MATE from Fedora 28 repositories
> (did
> not recompile anything):
>
> https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2019-September/173533.html

This is great information, Ljubomir. Thank you very much. I'll try to
validate your process this weekend using F28 as you did. That should
yield an older MATE v1.16. With that in hand, I'll try to re-run the
procedure using the counterpart MATE v1.22 packages from Rawhide.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights IL