[CentOS] Question about CentOS Stream OS

Ljubomir Ljubojevic centos at plnet.rs
Sat Oct 5 13:51:53 UTC 2019

On 10/5/19 3:00 PM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am referring to https://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOSStream and
> i am not sure if i understand it correctly, Is it a separate CentOS
> distribution which is similar to
> CentOS-8 (1905)?
>
> Thanks in advance and i look forward to hearing from you.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Kaushal

I just wrote this for official CentOS Facebook group:

CentOS Stream is/will be work in progres to get new minor version. With
CentOS 8.0, CentOS Stream will be continually changed to reach packages
to be put into RHEL 8.1 (and after rebuilt CentOS 8.1). What Red Hat did
in-house to prepare new minor version (8.1, 8.2, 8.3, ...) now will be
transparent so that developers using CentOS and RHEL as platform for
their software can prepare their own software before new RHEL minor
version is released. EPEL, ElRepo, various SiG's will prepare needed
changes in preparation for new RHEL minor version.

So I do not advise use of CentOS Stream for production, better look at
it as a Beta -in-progress.

--
Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)