[CentOS] CentOS 8 Libvirt /qemu

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 20:44:10 UTC 2019

On Fri, 18 Oct 2019 at 16:31, Günther J. Niederwimmer <gjn at gjn.priv.at> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> can any install more then one KVM Client with UEFI ??
> On my system it is not possible; I have total crash on the system, when I
> install a client with UEFI

Could you give better details on what you mean here? There are
multiple scenarios that you could be trying that meets that sentence,
and some of them would be possible and others would not. Some
scenarios will try to use the hardware UEFI to store variables and
that will cause problems because the virtual systems will conflict
when talking to the hostservers hardware (I think this would come up
with certain secureboot scenarios but not sure). Basically could you
walk out how you do this correctly on the hardware with EL7 and how
you are doing this on EL8 (also what the hardware is?)

I am not sure otherwise I would have enough information to try and duplicate.

> after Install one UEFI System, it is only possible to install a KVM client
> without UEFI this is working??
>
> I found so match broken things, so I mean the best situation is to go back to
> 7.7 :-(.
>
> Is in the near time a situation to found updates for centos 8?
> --
> mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
>
>   Günther J. Niederwimmer

Stephen J Smoogen.