[CentOS] Centos 8 hardware compatibility testing?

Frank Cox

theatre at sasktel.net
Wed Oct 23 04:03:51 UTC 2019

With Centos 7 and earlier I've been using the Live CD image to test new hardware (laptops etc) for compatibility.  That way I can get a desktop up and try the sound and the networking and whatnot without affecting what is already installed on the machine, and then if everything looks good I can just run the installer right from the Live CD image.

There's no Live CD image for Centos 8, so what would be a good way to accomplish the task of testing new hardware with Centos 8 before attempting to install the operating system?