[CentOS] CentOS 8 and DELL 7540 Intel AX200 WIFI

Scott Robbins scottro11 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 10:20:23 UTC 2019

> > On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 6:50 PM David Summers <david at summersoft.fay-ar.us>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > 70:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation Device [8086:2723]
> > > (rev 1a)
> > >
> > > I believe the Intel AX200 Wifi card is the device 8086:2723 (rev1a) entry.
> > >
> > > Is there something I can do to enable it or is this a bug I need to file
> > > with RedHat?
I would file the bug even if you get it working.  Otherwise, as it stands
RH is saying get this machine, it works, and it doesn't.

There do seem to be workarounds, such as a newer kernel or the stream
kernel, and I don't know how close CentOS-8 is to RH-8, but as it is, if
was running CentOS-8 I'd expect it to work out of the box and it doesn't.

So, for the sake of the next person with $1200 to spend on a laptop, tell
them. Maybe someone will save the money and spend it on something that
actually does work out of the box.

(overly fed up with manufactures putting out incorrect compatibility lists,
and will definitely feel silly if someone says, naw, worked out of the box
for me with RH-8)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6